Saturday, February 28, 2009

Italian Dinner

I just had Italian Dinner! My Italian flatmate, Eleonora invited me to dinner prepared by her and her friend, Maya (who did most of the cooking and baking O.O so super!) at Leamington House (at Maya's flat) . Their other friends from Spain & German and Maya's flatmate from China, Cherry came too.

I'm SO SO FULL now I can just throw up anytime I want. There was SO much food! But the food was amazing! Their preparation took almost a whole day, and they had to take 2 trips back and forth to Asda by foot! (to those who don't know, Asda is a hypermarket 30 mins away from where we stay by foot). And I was invited to eat for free! They didn't even allow me to help with the cleaning up :S Eleonora kept saying "No, Vanessa. You are the guest!" Waah.. they're so nice :D

Behold.. Italian food:


Bruschetta
(topping: tomato, ham, butter, cheese)



extra topping for the bruschetta



Pukanesta?
sounded something like that.. which meant bitchy girl :/
it is the original name for the dish though..
(Creamy creamy pasta with tomato, cheese, olives, beans)




some long name...
(Brinjal/aubergine/egg plant *whatever u call it!* baked with cheese)



Risotto
(Mushroom with rice in thick mushroom gravy)


Roasted potatoes



the German guy brought yellow tulips for the dinner!
the drink is called "Moito" --> white rum + lime + brown sugar + soda water + crushed ice + fresh basil leaves



Maya preparing Moito drinks



everyone!
(Eleonora taking the pic)



Maya serving the pasta




This is how the brinjal looked like after being served.
It has tomato & cheese.
Tasted good!



left: Chocolate Salami by Eleonora (Salami means ham but it is just called that because of its shape. Its really made of biscuits, nuts, choc filling and rum)
right: Tiramisu by Maya. It was so so GOOD! The best tiramisu I've ever had :D (yes, tiramisu is from Italy)



Our lovely chefs



Me, Chery, Eleonora & Maya

3 comments:

I AM A BLOGGER said...

next time, is ur time to cook Italian food for us(^^)

Naz Harun said...

my gosh nessa i look at your food and i got hungry.

v4n3s2a_k said...

[Jay] Sure thing Jay! :D But u buy the ingredients la. Hoho!

[Naz] Muahahaha!! looks so good right. No wonder everyone who come to UK getting fatter by the minute :p