Friday, August 8, 2008

Tribute to Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X


I simply LOVE this anime!!


A short synopsis:
The whole story revolves around the life of Kenshin Himura, who was a former Imperialist assassin during the Revolution. After the Revolution, he mysteriously disappears and spent 10 years wandering around Japan. With a dark past and a kind heart, Kenshin vows to use his ultimate swordmanship skills, the Hiten Mitsurugi Style, combined with a reverse-blade sword to save people in repentance for his brutal past. Along the way he meets Kaoru Kamiya-Assistant Master of Kamiya Kasshin Style, Yahiko Myojin-descendant of a Tokyo samurai family, and Sanosuke Sagara-former Sekihoutai member. Together, they grow in love and friendship while upholding the belief of saving poeple, especially when Kenshin's dark past catches up with his present.

Fantastic anime! Caught me head on (or should I say "heart" on? :p) It's not too mussymussy (or lovey dovey if you like), or too much senseless violence, or just adventure for the sake of adventure. It has a great blend of everything : romance, friendship, adventure, skills, spiritual determination, and most importantly moral value! The way Kenshin and Kaoru's love prosper is just so!.... *melts*. To the emotionally sensitive: BEWARE! This anime extends a hook to your heart while you're watching it, dragging you into the story itself, and before you know it your dreams are filled with the Meiji Era. Muahaha!*its quite fun to actually join in their adventures ;p ....I must sound like some Kenshin freak -_-"....* Anyway! I highly recommend everyone to dwell into the adventures as well as inner battles of conscience presented by Rurouni Kenshin! ^_^x

Rating:
(obviously!)

The Complete Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (95 episodes, 2 OAVs, and 1 Movie) can be downloaded from:
http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?t=346859&highlight=

Soundtracks:
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/browse/R

Of course there are lots of other great sites. ;)

p.s.: Just for the record, the voice for Kenshin Himura is a WOMAN!! I always wondered what guy could sound so wussy. Hohoho!


3 comments:

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Omg, this is also one of my favourite. Really nice, I watched it like N times oredi.

alice* said...

Miss vanessa,
your in BIGGG trouble.
ahahhaha XD
how's your "dream" going on?
recover abit alrdy?
HAHA

v4n3s2a_k said...

Good for you Jay! :D

Unfortunately no alice :'( Now I'm watching OAV episodes when Kenshin was Battousai the Manslayer during the Revolution, and its extremely GANAS! So you can guess.. my dreams also GANAS! Hehe.. But I lovex100 the romantic part between Kenshin and Tomoe! *melts*