Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween + Birmingham Trip


Reading week is here! >>>No classes throughout the whole week

wooHOo~! yahOo! Yay~~!! yiPEe!

ok ok.. that's enough. ehem!

Wishing everyone a Happy Belated Halloween~~!

The halloween celebration here was in full swing! Most people would dress up and go to clubs to party during the short Halloween season. (I still wonder how the girls here can wear miniskirts and tube tops when it is -ve degree C outside!) Practically everywhere had a halloween celebration, including Halls of Residences (like IN my flat). You can't possibly miss it unless you lock yourself in your room and pretend to not exist.

Even some people in shops & stores would put on a costume for a day on 31st October! I went for only one halloween party by The Chemical Engineering Society on 28th October at Baa Bar. Didn't dress up as anything though.. :p

Click to play Chem Eng Soc Halloween
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

The next day after the Halloween party (which lasted until late at night), we had a Birmingham Trip for the Chem Eng 08 conference! (which we had to miss 2 hours of Library Lecture for). This trip was also organized by the Chemical Engineering Society.

We had to wake up early in the morning as the coach leaves at 7am.. not too bad actually, considering the trip to Nottingham this Saturday where we need to leave Manchester at 4.45 am O.O

The trip took us about 2 1/2 hours to reach Birmingham, and about 3 hours to come back because of traffic jams! >:( All we did in the coach was sleep... eat.. chit chat... and sleep some more. And I still felt tired.

Anyway, it was a good experience! I enjoyed the exhibition and informational seminars, but most of all I enjoyed snapping pictures all around the beautiful scenery with friends ;)

Click to play Chem Eng 08 (Birmingham)
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

I AM A BLOGGER said...

happy belated halloween, Miss Witchy Van. (^^)

v4n3s2a_k said...

thanks jay! hope u had a gud one too ;)